Tuesday, July 22, 2014

It's on again!

Hello, Everyone!

This place is going to start seeing some changes soon. Perhaps a new theme, possibly some edits to some old reviews to make them flow better, and, most importantly, a change to the review schedule.

The reason I started this blog was because it was a sort of rebellion against the big game review sites like IGN, who will give Call of Duty 10/10 every time, but barely stop to think about games like Braid or Dear Esther. I wanted to give these games a common voice, from the perspective of a consumer of art rather than being paid to review the titles. Unfortunately, with so many games coming out these days, and with so much work to do in order to catch up to the modern day, I over-extended myself. I chose originally to publish reviews as soon as I had finished a game, but that proved to take too long. Then in an effort to generate regular content, I chose to review games every Tuesday and Friday. Even then, I would never catch up with the games being released. That’s only 104 games to be reviewed in a year, and I that’s not even the amount of games I own on Steam alone from the summer and winter sales. But with the advent of college, along with other huge changes in my life, there’s just no way to play that many games and give them a just review.

To that end, I would still like to produce regular content, but in order to do so, I will now be reviewing games every other Tuesday. This gives me two weeks between each review, which is definitely enough time to review the games fairly, as well as gives me enough time to actually play the games I want to review. Unfortunately, that only means a total of twenty-six reviews in a year, which doesn’t even begin to scrape the surface with the amount of titles coming out each year, but I can at least hit the ones that matter to me while being a reliable source of material.

So for those of you who enjoy my content, thank you for sticking around while this site went dead. If you’re new, welcome! And for everyone here, thank you for your support, and I hope to always bring you the content you enjoy.

Keep playing,


Liam McAleavey

No comments:

Post a Comment